Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Freakin' Out

Had a bit of a meltdown this afternoon and was ready to lock my kids up until Tom got home...and yes I scared them with that idea! After Tom got home and forced me to get out of the house...I went for a jog. I didn't make it very far because I really just needed to think. So I found some grass in the shade and just looked up into the sky. Here's the conclusion that I came to after about an hour of meditation, literally smelling the roses, and a slow walk home.

1. Just because my kids drive me crazy some days doesn't mean that I love them any less!
2. Tomorrow is a brand new day!
3. My kids and I need structure!
4. REally...what's the hurry...if it takes one hour of me helping a child eat her meal, that's just one hour I had to serve and to get to know my child, right?!...one day she will appreciate a good meal and completely devour it on the spot(I might be dreaming)
5. One day I will have so much time on my hands that I will long for these days!
6. I need ice cream!

just some photos to help me remember the many days and times that make me happy!







6 comments:

Heather Williams said...

Oh Hill, I loved that post, because...it was so honest and quite refreshing actually...it just seems like to me that all the blogs I read (well mostly) are kindof sappy in a way...i'm sure my own are too...but this was just a relief. We all need those moments, like the one you had, to just think and be by ourselves. I'm sure you walked back home and walked in that door and were the mom you really are underneath a hard day! Those pics are just too cute...those swimsuits, Cohens face in the swing, selling lemonade.

Just remember to do things for yourself First sometimes, even if you have to eat before anyone else does...it's not selfishness either. Your a great mom in my eyes.

Go Hill!

Hilary said...

What?!!? You have bad days too. Honestly Hill, you just made me feel so much better. I look at you and your cutie pie kids and think, "How does she do it and always seem to be so happy." I know I don't see you much. But that is my impression of you. Cute little happy, wonderful mother Hill. I have these days ALL the time, hence why we only have 2 kids! It's hard isn't it! Lately I've been feeling like we really need some structure too but I can't seem to muster up the energy to do it.

J.Frey said...

Oh Hil, thanks so much for this! I totally know where you are coming from. I have to remind myself all the time to just relax and enjoy my kids. And structure is key for us as well.

Speaking of structure...let's get together soon! I mean it! What about sometime next week? I'll email you.

Jennifer Anderson said...

oh Hillary-
I can so relate. i freak out the most when all my kids want something at the same time. i feel like a vending machine sometimes. but then, there are so many moments when i just look at all of them together and just LOVE being their mom. i'm so glad you were able to get away and chill out for a bit. that's the best thing to do :)

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Great post, Hillary!!! Like Heather said, so many blogs of moms are just not real life. It's hard for someone whose life is not going well at the time to read someone's blog that makes life seem perfect!!

P.S. Your pictures of the kids are just darling!!

Joani10 said...

Amen Sista!
Let's go get ice cream!!!
Love ya Hill