Tom's sister Camille and cousin Holland moved here to Utah which we were so happy about and they needed someone to take their dog and so we volunteered. We love animals and we had a lot of fun with this dog, but we came to a few conclusions...you have to have a fenced yard with a dog (which we don't), a kid in diapers is not a good thing to have as dogs are attracted to pee, dogs are like adding another child to the mix, dogs like to chew on things especially paper? (who knew) and it's just not our "season in life" for having a dog. After almost a month we had to break the news to Camille that our "offer" was being shortened:(
It was fun while it lasted...Elsie was an especially good dog mommy and had him on and off his leash all day long!

Cohen thought the dog was so much fun and Georgie was so good with the kids...despite some torturing.

He looked so cute after his new haircut...After we picked him up from the groomers, Adelyn said very seriously..."Mom, when I grow up I want to be a rockstar, teacher, and someone who cuts animals hair!"

I have to admit that I miss my late night reading companion!


I had to add in this beauty of Tom cleaning up the poop after the snow melted...he should win an award...for his outfit!
4 comments:
LOVE that pic of Tom and so what happened to Georgie? Did you give him away? And I love that you took Addy skiing. Tom must feel pretty darn proud to teach his own daughter how to ski. Cute hat too Hill. SOrry this is short, Hattie want to color right now!
What a great post. It is definitely hard having a dog, and I can only imagine that its harder with 3 little kids. After its all said and done, I have to admit, I probably love Louis more than anyone. He sleeps on my chest like all my other babies did. I'm a sucker.
And seriously, best pic ever of Tom! That is a LOT of poop, by the way! Wow.
You were (and are) a real trooper!!!
Pets are fun but also messy. Yah for Tom cleaning up the mess and Cohen looked so cute in the dog cage. He almost had a look of "up to mischief" like his dad had once in a while growing up.
Post a Comment