Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Adelyn turned 3!



I can't believe I forgot to do a post about Adelyn's third birthday...for weeks and weeks she was looking forward to her birthday because she wanted to get her little Mermaid Polly Pocket!

What can I say about our Addie! She makes us so happy! She is very smart and has always amazed us at the things she learns to say and do. She is a natural born dancer...being a singer myself I thought my little girls would follow in that path, but Adelyn has never really caught on to singing...but she almost always has the urge to dance. This truth was made clear when at a family reunion talent show she wore her red "Annie" dress and danced in front of everyone to her music. Adelyn is a negotiator...she trys her best to get her way by presenting to Tom or I a very reasonable plan...for example, "Okay Mom, when we get home we'll get in PJ's, have a treat, then just watch a little bit of a movie and then go to bed!" I say,"No Addie, no movie tonight," after a little whining "how about just one minute of the movie where (In VegeTales) the giant Pickle comes"...Me,"fine"...Addie"okay Hillary, then a couple books and songs....oh, and can I sleep in your bed!"

Adelyn loves her little sister Elsie but cannot wait for her to talk because Elsie is prone to screaming for what she wants and Adelyn hates that. I think they will be little buddies and I just love it when I can hear them talking and playing together and hearing Adelyn teach Elsie things. Adelyn loves princesses, playing in her kitchen, helping me in the kitchen or around the house, painting, going to parks and having snacks, going over to her Grandmas houses and playing with her cousins.

For her third birthday we had the Merrill cousins over and Grandma Joyce and the Anderson cousins over to celebrate. We love you Adelyn Lola!



Cheeseball Addie






3 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Hillary!
Just blog hopping and thought I'd pop by. Adelyn is getting so big! It doesn't seem that long ago you let me and my girls babysit her when she was a little baby! Hope all is good for you and your family out there.

Tyler, Brooke, Britain, Braden and Beckham said...

Adelyn looks JUST LIKE YOU in the picture at the table! Oh my goodness, she's a doll! You are such a cute mom!

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

I love addie and Jaxson still misses you guys living close by! Hey, look at Jaxson's b-day post--we have an almost identical pic of him with his crepe paper decorated chair, and red 'you are special plate'--FUNNY!