Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Birthday Bash

For my birthday this year we decided to go and play at Boondocks! We took the kids mini golfing, did the race track, hit some balls in the batting cage and played some games. We had so much fun being together and playing together! It was a beautiful day and i've always loved having a September birthday because of the feel of fall in the air. I was truly touched by so many kind and thoughtful people who made my day so special, thank you!








I was going to press the "slow pitch" option when Tom said..."No, you can do the fast pitch"...(it was flattering of him to think so)...so I tried fast pitch and I don't think I hit one ball...but I did laugh a whole lot! Nothing like feeling old on your birthday:)...luckily I made it up on the slow pitch!




After boondocks we dropped the kids off to spend the night at Grandma Joyce's! (Happy Birthday to me:) We then went to see "Eat Pray Love" which was good but not great and then had some tasty gyro's at Crown Burger...we had planned to go to Macaroni Grill but after the movie we were both so hungry and I genuinely was craving a Gyro and Tom was happy about my decision...it was a perfect day! We also had planned to wake up and run in a 5K but sleeping in sounded really nice...we woke up at 11:00!!! Picked up the kids and then spent the day boating at pineview!...seriously such a fun birthday weekend!

A couple days later my mom took me to lunch and shopping and I requested going to the new Pottery Barn at Trolley Square...it's just so much fun to go in that store! Thanks Mom for such a fun afternoon...we need to do this more often!


Ya know...this is almost getting comical...I swear I own more than this one brown/gray t-shirt:) But do you ever by a piece of clothing and you wonder what you ever wore before you owned it because it just seems to be the only thing you ever feel like wearing? I'm definitely a t-shirt and jeans kind a gal.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

What a fun birthday! Glad you had a great time and you always look cute in jeans and T-shirts!

Ang said...

My favorite grey t is now a running t... so sad. Totally hear ya on the get-up! With little kids it is the BEST way to do it. Forget the skinny jeans and high heels. How those moms do it is beyond me. You look great and I'm so happy you had a happy birthday.

Lara Vanhille said...

Glad you had a great bday...you DESERVE it!! Sure do miss ya...