Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Basement Project fineto...well almost!

The past few months Tom has worked his buns off down in our basement! Tom is such a hard worker and throughout this project i've come to really admire his willingness to learn and try something new, admit his mistakes when mistakes were made, his ambition to get the job done(which I think i've discovered comes from the fact that he can't stand things out of place or messy), and I must say there is something quite attractive about a guy with tools!? The basement looks great...we just have the banister, closet shelving, and a couple windows, blinds and our couch should arrive in the next week! Oh, and of course my favorite part...the decorating! Thanks for all of your hard work, love you Tom!

FRAMING

INSULATING---Tom's cheesing it up here, he was making fun of me for wanting to take a picture of him!

NEW FURNACE

PRIMING...can someone say "paint fumes!" Addy started laughing when she saw Tom and she said "Daddy's Frosty the Snowman!"

My Dad helped us with the Electrical...thanks Dad!

DOORS...this was a tricky job and Tom did them all on his own

Bro-in-law Matt saved us by helping us paint!

CARPET! Nice long shaggy brown carpet!

Can you tell the girls are excited they get to finally go down into the basement!



I'll have to post a couple more pics once we get the couch & blinds...thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

Clark Family said...

Looks awesome guys. Nice work. What an accomplishment for Tom! That's so nice to have more space. I'm sure you guys will enjoy the toy space!!

Ang said...

Wow, my brother rocks! Way to go Tom Boy. And who's that BIL Matt? I like what I see... hehe. I'm so excited for you guys to have a finished basement! I wish I could roll around in that shaggy carpet and stay up late watching movies with you guys. Party next time we come, eh?!

Darbee said...

Good Work, Tom! I didn't know he was that handy! It looks great! I want to come see it in person. When can we get together? Missing you...

Philip and Melissa said...

Why does Tom crack me up so much? He's truly hilarious. I'm so excited for you guys and your basement...looks like comfy carpet!

Hilary said...

Yea, congratulations! Way to go TOM!
By the way your so stinkin funny! Love the "snowman" pic.
Your girls are so adorable!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

LOVE It Hill! That is so awesome that you guys are like really done. Sweet, we're excited to come over and walk on your new carpet. Tom's gotta feel pretty good about himself. Anyways, I am way happy for you guys.

love heath

Joani10 said...

WOW! It looks awesome; I don't think we would ever dare even try finishing a basement! Looks like a great place to party ;) We need to get together Hill; give me a call.