
Then on Saturday we went to Lagoon and invited Grandma Joyce to join us! After riding some rides Grandma treated us to some ice cream in pioneer village and then showed us the doll museum which the girls loved. We had a little picnic and let the girls run around and then rode the ferris wheel. We left just in time as a rain storm was hitting. That night we rented a couple movies...a Barbie one for the girls and another movie that I cannot remember the name of...The Band from Egypt...something like that. Tom has definately made me watch some interesting movies, but this one baffled both of us...not in a good way...but in a what the heck was that movie about kind of way!
On Sunday, after our church meetings we all watched "Barbie and the Twelve Dancing Princesses" ...I love that Tom will watch these movies and is truely happy just seeing his girls happy no matter what it may have him doing. After relaxing a bit, we headed up to Alta where we hiked to Cecret Lake. This is one of our favorite little spots. The hike is not too long and perfect with kids. The girls had a great time exploring, throwing rocks and I just can't believe how much confidence Adelyn has gained being able to hike around on her own. It was beautiful and peaceful up there and the leaves are beginning to change, and we also saw some salamanders. We ran in to an "Elder Smith" who Tom served his mission with. They were never companions but just knew each other and they had a nice talk. Tom said he was glad to be able to form a second opinion of him as he was the "Extremely Strict" elder in the mission and had seemed to have relaxed a bit:)
After our hike we stopped by Grandma and Grandpa Aposhians to say hello. They showered us with fresh veggies (Armenian cucumbers, beans, zucchini, potatoes, tomatoes, plums, and a few apples) and Elsie had fun playing with Great Grandpa and Adelyn loved that Great Grandma let her use her china tea set to have a little tea party of cookies and milk. I have such wonderful Grandparents!
We didn't plan anything for this past weekend and it turned out to be pretty darn fun. We love the fall and the cooler weather and we just know that we've got to get out there and enjoy it before it's winter!




5 comments:
Hillary, I was so happy to hear from you! You are so adorable and you have the cutest little girls! I love reading about what you guys are up to. You are so talented! I wish I was getting married again so that you could do all the flowers! It was soooo good to see you over the summer. Oh and by the way - I like the short hair!! super cute.
Fun weekend! I love how adventurous you guys always are. Did you get my message? I'll try calling you again soon.
You are so fun! You make me feel boring! JK
You guys are so outdoorsy! I love it! Darling little family Hill. We need to plan a GNO soon!
Feeling VERY thankful today for your beautiful, sweet, adventurous, righteous family. Every picture on here is beautiful and the accounts of what you're doing make me wish I was with you all the time. Big hugs and many kisses to sweet to our little girls, their wonderful Mom and Tom too...wink! Love ya'll!
Post a Comment