Boating on the Tingey's boat with friends Jason, and the Hartles.
The girls had fun painting in their skivies while I made a banner for Young Womens
I was in charge of decorating for our YW's Evening of Excellence...it had a "Star" theme and the girls were the "Stars"...with the red carpet and their walk of fame with their handprints on a star that they signed.
Two of Tom's sisters had babies on October 2nd! His Oldest Sister Michelle gave birth at 12:00 to Brielle Grace Lake and his youngest sister Heather gave birth at 12:35 to Hattie Claire Williams. We cant wait to meet them! Congratulations you guys!
This is Brielle
This is Hattie

Elsie's black eye! This happened in a matter of seconds...we had just gotten back from a walk and I pulled the stroller into the garage and then walked to the driveway to get a couple toys off the ground that I needed to bring in and not 10 seconds went by and I heard a loud thud and screaming. Elsie climbed up onto the top handle area of the stroller and it tipped over and it shot her down to the cement floor. I immediately grabbed her and checked her mouth for any blood and then the bruising and goose egg appeared on her forehead...her left eye was losing focus on me and in just a matter of minutes her eye started swelling. This is honestly the first time I have been scared for one of my kids. I held Elsie close as Tom administered to her and we just cradled her until she fell asleep in my arms. To make matters worse...the next day our good old Elsie was back but having one eye closed made her clumsy as ever and long story short...she fell down our stairs giving herself and new goose egg and small cut on her forehead and this only made the swollen eye even more so. So we've been getting some pretty odd looks as we probably look like the most horrible parents in the world, and I guess we deserve that because it definitely taught me to take those precautions to make sure my kids are safe. Her eye today is a lovely eggplant purple:( It is so sad!
Elsie's new thing of laying down while coloring...this new habit was formed after watching her way cool sister Adelyn do this! Everything Adelyn does...Elsie has to do. Most of the time Adelyn is a good sport about this.
Sisters
Conference weekend...we had Zac, Hil, Bridger, and Carson come and stay over! We had dinner at Wingers, Tom and Zac went to Priesthood session, we let the kids play and play, the adults got a good game of Trains in, Hil and I made a pair of earings, we watched Iron Man and the next day we had a yummy breakfast and watched conference....Els looks like quite the bruiser!
This afternoon we decided to go for a drive up Bountiful canyon up and over the top and down Farmington Canyon. We stopped at the top and went for a great little hike...hit some golf balls...and got out our camping chairs and just enjoyed the crisp fall weather.




9 comments:
Hillary-
OH my goodness---poor, little Elsie. Not my favorite, beautiful model!!! I feel so bad for her, but you should not feel like a bad mom. It just sucks that those things have to happen to our sweet kids.
Looks like you had a great weekend other than that!!!
Sitting here with tears in my eyes as I look at the pictures of Elsie and remember all of the bumps and bruises you kids got in spite of my trying to always "be there". You and Tom are fabulous parents...giving your kids lots of interesting adventures, so they're bound to get a few goose eggs along the way. Give them both a big kiss from me. XOXOX
Poor little Elsie. It's okay though I'm sure it won't be the last. You guys are so adventurous and I have to say that you did such a good job for young women in excellence. You are so creative. It looks like it was all so cute.
Thanks for the fun overnighter! We love spending time with your family.
That banner turned out awesome, I'm really impressed! I hope Elsie's eye is looking substantially better by the time you head to Moab!
I love that you guys do so much hiking. I love to hike but Zac always says, "if you can hike it, you can Mtn. Bike it and that's what I'd rather do!" Bummer for me though!!!
Love ya,
oh, I love how both of my boys are stuffing their faces with popcorn!
Cute pics
Oh man, that is a bad black eye!!! It is just bound to happen no matter what we do. She is a fiesty one though so I'm sure she bounced right back! I love to see all the fun random pics of you guys, it makes me miss you living close by :(
You guys sure know how to pack a lot of stuff into a weekend. I feel like our weekends are mostly just soccer...Anyway-sorry about Elsie's eye! Give her kisses for us!
Hill that is so scary! That is one part of being a mom that I hate, I can't stand to just sit there while my baby suffers and not take away the pain! I'm so glad she's doing better! You are the seriously way too much fun!
You guys really know how to have fun. Awesome pics of Moab. So glad to see Tom smiling. :) Great to see you last week. Lets plan a trip down here!
Post a Comment