Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Elsie's Birthday!

Elsie turned 2 years old! I can't believe how fast those two years have gone. We all are absolutely in love with our Elsie! She has brought so much joy and laughter into our home. She has the cutest voice, the softest skin, a plump little body, big beautiful eyes and and silly smile. She is feisty and has her share of screaming and being dramatic. But she is also so lovable and thoughtful and a good little girl. She does very well going to nursery and she has always been good to go to other people. She'll make anyone feel warm and fuzzy with the moments she gives you to snuggle. She loves reading books, treats, doing summer salts, dancing and being crazy with Addie, playing with her Daddy, squishing Thumper (and helping pick up poops:)), cooking with Mommy, and of course her Mimi. Happy Birthday Elsie...we love you so so much!

We had a very fun day celebrating her. In the morning she came in to wake me up and I said "Elsie...it's your birthday" and she said "I'm two!" She knew it was her special day and had a big smile on the whole day. I made her a special breakfast and then let her open one present which was a Dora umbrella.




I later took the girls to get their haircut which was so much fun and might just become a tradition and it was so silly seeing Elsie get her haircut...she looks so cute with a bob! We then went out to lunch at Wendy's. We just kept saying happy birthday...come here birthday girl...what does the birthday girl want...Els felt pretty special!



Addie wanted to get her hair cut just like Elsie's but I just couldn't do it yet...she did cut 4 inches off though!






Then while Elsie napped and Addie played at a friends I baked a cake and got the house ready for a party. We invited everyone over for cake and ice cream. We missed a couple grandpa's and cousins and all of our family who live so far away (we always miss you!) but we had a lot of fun celebrating, opening presents, visiting and the kids had lots of fun playing in the fort Tom built in the toy room...oh! and I must say the cake was yummy!

Elsie had help blowing out the candles from big sister Addie, but then she got the hang of it and blew them out on the 2nd candle lighting.








Playing with the bunny!

Elsie in her comfort zone with blankie, finger and Grandma!

Opening Presents!


Dora nightgown



Jar of Gummy Bears

Hugging cousin Haley

Cousins!

everyone surrounding the new doll highchair, stroller, swing, carseat etc....I love Elsie's face in this one!

Sharing gummies

Grandma and Grandpa Gibbs

Elsie and the "Event Coordinator"

10 comments:

Bayles Clan said...

so cute al the pics and what a fun day!!! I love 2 year olds!

The Great Lakes of NY said...

Happy B-day sweetie girl!!! We love Elsie so dang much. Give both of your girls big hugs from the Lakes!

Holly Marie said...

She's so stinken' cute. I love the hair cut. I thought of your strawberry cakes you made a couple of Valentine's ago and wished I had one this year. Elsie's cake looked delicious.

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

How is she two already?! She was just born! Looks like you guys had a fun day celebrating - haircuts for the girls is such a fun birhtday idea. I love her bob! My favorite pic is the one of Elsie with the frosty - that is just a classic little elsie face :)

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Ohh how I love that Elsie girl. I love her facial expressions...she makes me laugh. And I LoVE her new bob, what a cute due on her. I wish I could have been at the party. She's pretty darn special. Your such an awesome mom Hill.

heather

Brittany said...

Wish we could have come. I keep hearing about that cake, I guess I need to make it. I love your hearts on the wall idea. That sounds fun. Not sure if my older boys would love it, but maybe I'll try next year anyway. You're a cute mom Hill!

Camille said...

Oh we love elsie bear! holland always says, 'that elsie is just so funny!' We miss you guys and wish you were coming this weekend!

Clark Family said...

Happy late Birthday little Elsie!! I honestly thought there was no possible way she was two. I had to count for myself and remember back to confirm. Crazy!! Hil you are such a good mom making her day so special. I loved all the pics. and her adorable hair cut.

The Skinners said...

How fun! She is growing up fast. I love her new little haircut. The party looks like it went great!

lindsi said...

What a special day for Elsie...and such a fun B-Day party! That strawberry cake looked so delicious...can I have the recipe???