Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines Day!

The day before Valentines Day we went and visited Great Grandma and Grandpa Aposhian and took them a carton of strawberries (instead of sugar cookies). It was fun to visit for a while and my kids always love going to their home. We also visited Great Nana Cheney, who is 93, and her dog Shrek and took them a strawberry valentine. I always think of my Nana at this time because her birthday is on Valentine's Day and her middle name is Valentine...how cool is that. The girls had fun playing with Nana's toys and stuffed animals. At the end of our visit when I was going to get a picture with Nana Addie had a little run in with Shrek and we left pretty fast with some tears.

After the kids got to bed I gave their room a "heart-attack" with paper hearts and then I went to Walmart to see if I could finally do some shopping for V-day and also Elsie's birthday and I got home at 12:30am and then stayed up getting things ready for the next day until 1:30am. Tom all the while was editing a job until the same time, putting in about a 17 hour day! Few!...i'm glad I get to do the fun stuff!

On Valentines Day the girls woke up to their room full of hearts and they were so excited! (I can't believe how much a few sheets of colored paper are worth) Addie the whole morning just kept saying "I can't believe it's Valentines Day!" We then ate a very yummy breakfast and then had some surprise Valentines Day gifts at the door and then we had a pretty relaxing day which included playing "Hairstyle." In the afternoon we took Grandma Joyce with us to see "Bolt" and then she watch the kids while Tom and I went to dinner. I love Valentines Day! I seriously love having a chance to get to celebrate the ones I love. Happy Valentine's Day!


2 comments:

Ash-face and J-pants said...

You are so creative! It sounds like you made it really fun for your girls.
P.S. The picture made me really jealous that you got to visit Granny and Grandpa. I miss them.

Holly Marie said...

Hillary, I love Valentines Day too! It is because my Dad ALWAYS gave me a card and flowers. I have cards for every year since I was four, each with a note telling my how much he loves me. You can imagine how much they mean to me now.