Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ST. GEORGE TRIP

We went to St. George last week and had so much fun! We spent a couple nights at Andrea, Matt and Abby's house (in a super comfy bed!) and then spent the remainder 3 nights with our friends the Robertson's at the Condo that they were staying in. This whole trip came about because the Robertsons had invited us down to stay with them and do lots of hiking in Zions and so that's exactly what we did! Our trip also included eating at In and Out, playing for hours in the Sand Dunes and hiking in Snow Canyon, hiking two full days in Zions where the weather was perfect!, Addie having endless time with her buddy Abby and cousin Abby, rock climbing at Chuckwalla wall, swimming, playing games, Nielsons frozen yogurt, Sealings in the St. George Temple, playing at a really cool park, and eating a full rack of ribs at Oscars just outside of Zions...we will definately be going there again! The best part of the trip was just getting away from work and life! It was great! Thank you Ekins and Robertsons for the fun week!
I had to add a little James Taylor...always the roadtrip music when I was a kid!

Sand Dunes







Snow Canyon




In and Out Burger



Zions





Addie with a squirrel


Dave, Jill, Noah and I hiked Hidden Canyon while Tom stayed back and watched the girls



Elsie stopping to clean the sand off her toes


I took the girls to this fun park while everyone else went to Zions and did some bigger hikes...my pregnant body needed a break, so I was happy to stay with the girls! We then met everyone in Zions for a picnic by the "Big Tree" and more hiking!






Horses in Zion


The Big Tree where we all met up and ate lunch and played games on the the big green lawn


That's about all the pictures I took...it's too hard to take pictures of everything you do and by the end I just sick of carrying around the camera. Jill and Andrea...if you have some good ones...send them my way:)

7 comments:

Tyler, Brooke, Britain, Braden and Beckham said...

Gosh you look great! I wish I looked that good prego!

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

That looks so fun and warm!!! Can't wait to see you :)

Brittany said...

Some cool pictures Tom. I love blue sky and red rock! A warm sandy vacation sounds fun.

The Great Lakes of NY said...

I wish I could have been there with your sweet family!!!

Hilary said...

Looks like a super fun trip! I love St. George. Are you seriously pregnant? Can't even tell!

Krystal said...

That is the real deal vacation right there...In n out, neilsons fun people and beautiful surroundings. Good for you guys! I'm sure you soaked it up!

The Skinners said...

What a fun trip... Im so jealous because we are still in 6 inches of snow here. Congrats on the pregnancy! You look great!!!