
We've had some sad news with the unexpected/expected layoffs at KJZZ. Tom was one of the many who were laid off almost two weeks ago now and it's been a trying time. They are pretty much getting rid of the station and so one by one people have been leaving, so we knew it was going to happen eventually, but it's just not something we thought was going to happen to Tom for a while. So we're back to the drawing board. We've had every thought imaginable...do we go back to school, sell the house, start Tom's own business, say heck with everything and move to Hawaii, take a job in whatever pays the bills or keep pursuing a passion and talent of videography that Tom was given.
The unknown is definitely frustrating and we ask that you keep us in your prayers as we try to make some hard decisions. As for now though Tom is able to pick up side jobs doing videography and editing which is a blessing, but if you know of any job opportunity please pass it along to us for Tom! I would like to help out as much as I can too...so if you know of anyone getting married...tell them about my flowers or i'm happy to do spring pruning/clean up or any landscape designs.
I love Tom and I think he is an amazing person! He truly has a natural talent for videography and an artistic eye and such a fun and unique style...and he just keeps getting better and better...but even more impressive to me then all of that is the way in which he works! He is honest in all his dealings, he puts in 110% in to every project that he is involved with no matter what the pay is like, he doesn't burn bridges, the flood of emails, voicemails, text messages that he received from people when he was laid of was crazy...people who absolutely loved working with him, who hope to work with him in the future and well wishers. I know something good will work out...love you Tom!




13 comments:
I have NO DOUBT that Tom will find something soon that he will LOVE and be very successful at. Patience is of the essence and it's in times like these that we become our strongest. Love you guys!
Sorry to hear of the unfortunate events. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. If I come across anything I will be sure to think of you. A thought that keeps coming to mind is a quote by Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley "Things aren't as bad as they seem. It will all work out. It always does!" Love you guys!
You are seriously one of the most talented and amazing little families and I've always looked up to and admired you guys. I have no doubt that you'll be taken care of during this trial and I"ll be praying for you daily. We are teetering on the edge of layoffs soon and may be joining you as this economy has brought so much uncertainty. Love you guys and best of luck please keep us updated!
You are so sweet, Hill. I know all too well how you are feeling having Tom unemployed right now... and many people are finding themselves in the same situation. Hang in there!!! I keep thinking about Conference and the talks that were given... it helps me hope that things will get better soon. We love you guys and will keep you in our prayers. Good Luck!
Hillary and Tom,
This stinks ! I'll keep my ears open for any thing and send it your way.
Donna
Hillary,
What a wonderful tribute to Tom! You are such a perfect wife/supporter for Tom, and Doug and I appreciate you in every way--as a daughter-in-law, mother to Adelyn & Elsie and on and on! You and Tom are doing everything right and will be blessed. We are here for you always. Love, Joyce
I just LOVE you Hillary. Knowing you and the love you have for Tom gives me hope that one day I can let my own sons go to another. Thank you for knowing and loving Tom completely. I can't wait to see what wonderful things happen to your sweet family!
That was very well written Hill and such a heartfelt tribute to Tom. Your family has been and will continue to be in our prayers. Tom is very talented and a hard worker, two important qualities that will land him a new job soon. Hang in there. If we hear of anything we'll for sure let you know.
me too! I know something will, but hopefully soon. I've been praying for you guys. Hopefully I'll get to see you next week.
heather
Tom is so dang talented and fantastic at everything he does. You are amaazing people...good karma will find you for sure. You're a sweet wife!
I am so sorry to hear that but I know that you guys will bounce back and Tom will find a great job. He is very talented and so are you. We will of course keep you in our prayers and thoughts.
Im so sorry. This economy is crazy right now. We will definately keep you in our prayers. With all his talent and yours combined... the lord will help you! Consider this a BIG hug from Alaska. Hang in there. Also CONGRATULATIONS on a little boy on the way. Boys are so much fun.
As I read the beautiful comments from your friends and family, I thought about how great it is to know that MANY prayers and kind wishes are being offered in your behalf. And many people have their eyes and ears out for you. Something great will come along. We love you...you are in our prayers every day. (LOVE your St. George pictures!)
Post a Comment