Going on a tractor ride...we saw how corn, pumpkins, squash, zuccini, onions and carrots grow!
Fresh carrots!
Pick a pumpkin!
Teeny weeny pumpkins!
Our little clan
Baby cows...just a few of the animals they have in their petting zoo
Riding in the "pig" on the animal train that pulled the kids on a fun little course through the corn!
"Corn Box" I was feeding Cohen while I watched the girls play and they had gone over to this boxed in area and I thought they were playing in sand...when I got over there and realized it was CORN...how fun!
Corn Angels!
Slides! My girls could have kept going on the slides all day...I was so proud of them that they climbed up the huge haystacks by themselves and then had no fear going down the slides time and time again...the one black tunnel slide was funny because it vibrated their little bodies so they came out giggling each time...Elsie after a few times was going up to other kids saying..."try this one...it's CRAZY"
Cohen won the best baby award...he was his happy mellow self all day as we watched the girls play!
Feeding the goats with this fun little contraption where the kids put food in a bowl and pulled to ropes until the bowl reached the goat at the top!
Lamas
Cute little donkeys
Dirty little piggys
Photo shoot by Adelyn...she's been very into taking her own pictures lately with my camera...today she said "i'm going to be a patogger like Aunt Jen"
Pumpkin bounce house
Girls walking hand in hand as they walked back to do another round of slides
I just laughed as i watched Adelyn do lap after lap...coming down and running as fast as she could to do it again
The GIANT slide...we were there so long and just as we were about to leave, they opened up this huge slide...so of course we had to stay longer so my very surprisingly daredevil children could have a go!
I went down with Elsie the first time and I have to admit...I was a little nervous...it was high up and we got booking it down the slide as I was forced into a laying down position and was a little disheveled when I got to the bottom, but I had to laugh...I felt like a kid there for a minute and I wished I could have just kept playing!
What a great day! I had so much joy watching Adelyn and Elsie have so much fun...I loved seeing them try new things and knowing they're nervous but overcoming fears...seeing them be such good little partners all day and watching out for each other...I love having them in situations where I get to see how they interact with others...and for the most part they were quite shy, but also polite and considerate...having them outside and exercising their little bodies...seeing their huge smiles on their faces.
This might sound cheesy, but there was a moment that I was sitting on a haybail watching the kids play and this flock of white doves kept circling around and I had to give thanks to my Heavenly Father...for the beautiful day...for letting me be these kids Mommy...for the love that I have for each of them...and for the peace that I felt! Good day!




9 comments:
I am so glad that you had fun. It is one of my favorite places to go, it kicks off the fall. And I have to agree with you about the doves. The second and third times that they flew around I almost got a tear in my eye beautiful they were and how they all stayed together in their little "family". It was a wonderful day. I wish we could have stayed longer but all the kids were asleep before I got on the freeway. Thanks for coming with us. It was a blast. Hopefully we can go again next year.
wow!! what a day! you have really inspired me to take my kids to our Pumpkinville!
i LOVED Addy's comment--so cute :)
Sounds like so much fun. Wish we lived near enough to go!
Not cheesy at all. You are such a good mommy! Keep up the good work. They are good girls. Sounds and looks like it was a lot of fun. I hope they stay open, I'd like to come play one day!!!
You inspire me to be a better mommy. Love ya Hill.
Isn't fall wonderful! Sounds like the perfect day. Addie did a great job with her pictures. I like the sun flare.
We are headed to to the Farms next week for Taylor's preschool class...seeing all your fun pictures has made me so excited to go!
Sounds like a perfect day! We went there last year when I was in town and loved it. Your kids are so darling.
A Patogger, sooo cute. And how fun is that black island farm. I totally want to go there next year if we can. FUn pics Hill. And also, I love that you guys made real apple juice, what a fun tradition.
heath
Post a Comment