Last Saturday I took the girls out to my Grandparents house to help make Apple Cider. It was so much fun! My Aunt Diane, cousins Mattie and Melissa and my Grandparents all helped to clean, chop, churn, strain and drink the yummy fresh juice. I have a vivid memory of doing that with my Great Grandpa Aposhian when I was just tiny and I was hoping for the same for my girls just being there and being with their Great Grandparents! Adelyn and Elsie helped to drop the apples into the wash basin and then they helped to eat fresh apples and then just played around in the yard. Cohen hung out with me in the backpack. I hope we can do this again next year!
Washing the apples

Cutting out the bad parts of the apples

Mattie liked to try and get the perfect star when cutting off the bottom

The old Cider Press that my Grandpa just restored

Happy girls

Chopping up the apples and pressing out the juice

The pile of scraps after the juice has been pressed out...which of course still has use in my Grandpa's Garden

Straining the juice before pouring it into the containers...Diane had a nice sticky arm!

The final product...yummy 100% Apple juice!
1 comment:
i bet that tastes delicious!! what a fun tradition!
Post a Comment