I knew instantly that she was in real pain and that it was broken. I felt horrible for not being right there when she fell. I gave her some medicine and cuddled with her mimi for a while until she calmed down and then I called Tom to give him the news. We then went to the instacare where Tom met us and we had her arm x-rayed and sure enough it was broken and broken good. She broke one of her forearm bones in her right arm...same arm as last year...except it was her elbow last year! You may remember this:
So they put on a hard splint and sent us home with an appointment to get a permanent cast on friday. We all felt so badly for Elsie and she was being so cute...dramatic but cute. There was something very sweet and special that came out of this though...the love and bonding between sisters. Adelyn was right there by her side through it all. When we tucked the girls in that night I told Elsie that I didn't want her walking down the stairs and that if she needed anything, to just wake up Adelyn and she would come and get me. So in the middle of the night Adelyn came and got me "Elsie needs to go to the bathroom", and then "Elsie needs a drink", and then "Elsie's arm is hurting", and then "Elsie needs to go to the bathroom again", and after laying in bed with Elsie I told them both that Elsie's arm is broken and it's going to hurt but now it was time for both of them to go to bed:) It was so nice to have the yelling and fighting gone for a few days and see the genuine love and concern they have for each other...i'm so thankful that they will have each other for life! I love these girls!
Since then...Elsie has returned to her old spunky self and the cast has become her prime excuse and weapon! She will be in this cast until april 12th and then another shorter cast for a few more weeks. We're just glad this happened now and not in the middle of summer with swimming! We love you Elsie Bear!




8 comments:
Elsie,
You look darling in your Easter dress in the last picture and the matching hot pink cast!!! We're so glad that nothing else got broken.
Oh Not again! That's a bummer you guys, I'm so sorry for Els. That's the pits, braking your arm twice in 2 years. That first pic really made me miss her, she's growing up. We're so excited to see you guys in a few days.
heath
So sorry to hear about the broken arm incident. Nothing makes me feel worse than to see one of these kids get hurt. I, too, am grateful nothing else was broken.
oh no! What are the chances. I'm still waiting for the day when one of my boys break a bone. I know it's coming. Hopefully she'll get that cute cast off before it gets warm enough to swim!
Cute cast Elsie! Hope you're feeling better.
Love,
B
Im sorry about her arm! That is too bad. And the same arm! But she is darling and seems to be handling it just fine.
Hello,
Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!
We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."
It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview.
Best regards,
Mike Thomas
Oh, I'm crying, I'm laughing, I'm loving that sweet face!!! I'm so glad she's alright, but feel for you, too. Casts are the worst!!! But I'm sure Elsie's personality shines through in times like this!
Post a Comment