Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Farmington Pool

Many summer days were spent at our local Farmington pool and we loved it! We could spend forever playing in the shallow end, jumping off the side, snorkeling around, going down slides, shooting some hoops, going off diving boards, running through the water park, soaking up some raise of golden sunshine, snacking on a slushy and cheesy chips, and just enjoying summer...it's so sad when school starts and the pool closes!

This year Adelyn has pretty well mastered swimming(we'll work on form later) and she amazes me with how much she can jump off the edge and dive for things for hours!... Elsie is content to still use her floaties and jump, float and snorkel all over the pool...Cohen is a jumping maniac and loves to jump off the edge and occasionally tell me to "beep beep" because he thinks he can swim on his own and so I let him and I let him sink for just a second before rescuing him and then we start the game all over...It's especially fun when we're all together as a family after Tom gets home from work...because it's always that much better when Daddy's around! Tom can still throw down some pretty sweet tricks on the diving board and I do a mean side stroke(I stink at swimming, one day I hope to really learn how to swim well:) There were many times when we knew we wouldn't have long to swim but we went anyway because ohhh it feels so good on a hot summer day...those are the times i'm going to have to remember when we're hibernating this winter!




















2 comments:

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Cute, cute pictures of such cute kids!!

Laura Copeland said...

Isn't it wonderful that you have such a beautiful pool so near you? Was that really Tom doing the double flip in the air off the diving board? I'm soooo impressed! He just isn't aging at all, is he? That was really impressive!