Monday, January 30, 2012

Woodland Christmas

I love going up to my Mom's for reasons like this...the kids wake up and sneak out of the room and go find Grandma. I woke up to find My Mom and Elsie bird watching, Haley joined them shortly after. Mom's always so good to teach the kids to enjoy simple things like that.

Birthday money grab...Mom's getting a little worried we may have too many traditions with money, but the kids love it.  Some of the kids didn't get to do it on their birthday so mom's jar took a big hit!  The older you get the bigger your hands and the more you get. 


Even Cohen got to try
Making sugar cookies

The Cheney's finally arrived and the kids got to see what treasures were left in their shoes from Grandma and Poppi


The cousins all draw names and then swap presents...I love this.  Each child is so excited to give their present and give hugs!  Getting a present is always nice too:)

Working on the animal fort out back...this has been in the making for a few trips now and it just keeps getting more and more sticks!

A little sad that there was no snow this year...but the kids still had fun exploring
Ennis at the shooting range
Zac got a new gun for Christmas and wanted to try it out...Ennis and Vince too

B making yummy sea food chowder!
Em making cheese soup for those who don't especially like sea food
Ennis and Zac cleaning the mound of crab


Elsie is surprising me with her palette lately...this girl likes seafood!
Kids eat first
Adelyn helping Grandma set up the Adults table
Matt trying some ginger beer

Ready to dig in!


It's hard work stocking up a pile of crab...but oh so worth it!
down to business



 Hilary...the other Hil...had us playing some fun "Minute to Win It" games that were really fun.  The kids had to shake out the jingle bells that were in the kleenex boxes.  I have to say that Carson had the best booty shaker!



 Massive slumber party in the play room...I thought the big kids were going to be the problem with not wanting to go to bed but when we went in to check all the older kids were totally asleep and a few of the young ones couldn't...loud breathing/snoaring...Ad and Els moved into our room.
 Adelyn and Aunt B just hangin' out the next morning
Always so much fun to be had! The adults didn't play as many games or watch any movies this time...but still had fun being together. The cousins all get along so well and I'm so thankful that my kids have such good rolemodels to look up to. I loved that I got to go for a run with Nephew Nate who was training for a 10 miler! We always look forward to next year!

1 comment:

Geri said...

I is SO fun to see the pictures and remember all of the fun things we did! (I sure do wish I'd taken 30 seconds to comb my hair and get dressed!) Thank you for documenting Christmas 2011 so well!