We just celebrated Adelyn's 4th Birthday yesterday and what a day it was! We started off with a special breakfast, opened a couple presents, then went to get a birthday haircut, ran some errands and then had a fun Carnival Party at the Park!
Adelyn having her breakfast and opening some early presents
Adelyn chopping off her long hair so she can be like cousin Amanda
Carnival Party at Smoot Park! This was a LOT of work, but I think it turned out fun!
Thanks Aunt B for the cute invite!

Adelyn with cousin Holland and friend Madelyn
getting dinner
Elsie with Adelyn's dance friend Kimberly and her brother Braden
playing my silly made up game of "Bug Catch"...child gets a fly swatter and puts it over the sheet and gets a bug:)
Another silly made up game of "Water ABC's"...child throws a water balloon at the letters in Adelyn's name (which has a pin) and if they pop their ballon they get a mini pop sucker.
Face painting by Grandma Geri
Snow Cones...fun to see all the kids line up! Thanks Camille and Emily for serving all of us!
Cotton Candy...this was hilarious...Emily was a human cotton candy ball by the end:) The kids loved this and so did the parents!
I love this picture because Emily is totally laughing and Camille is snatching cotton candy out of the air and off of Emily:)
Aunt Heather
Me with my good friend Krystal who was my saving grace before the party...she willingly came way early to help me get ready for the party! Love you girl!
Anderson and Lake cousins
My girls and our sugar high
Present time!
Adelyn's reaction to most of her presents were less than I would hope for...she had a serious look on her face most of the time and didn't say much other than giving hugs to the giver...but the present that brought a big smile to her face was when Grandma Geri gave a nice little stash of money...it was pretty funny!
Grandpa Doug surprised Adelyn with a Plasma Car...and the first thing I heard this morning was the garage door opening and Adelyn riding around in the garage!
Last but not least...singing to the birthday girl and cutting the cake!
I look scary in this picture but it's exactly how I felt...the simple smile giving the impression that everything is okay and I have it all under control and then the crazed look in the eyes showing that i'm maxed out and on the brink of losing it!...note to self...don't throw big parties while hubby is out of town which by the way is the one thing we were missing terribly!




4 comments:
I'm so sorry we missed it! Jaxson was so bummed. It looks like it all went GREAT despite the crazy eyed mom!!! That picture is hilarious and you are hilarious for posting it. We all know that feeling!
How fun! You are such a good mom. I bet that made her day! I think we all know that feeling of composure and at my wits end! I'm sure it was perfect! You do everything so well. Happy Birthday Adelyn! I hope you are feeling good and getting excited for that new bundle of joy! Best of luck!
Wow, she is getting so big! I can't believe she is already four. What a cutie! Happy 4th sweet Adelyn!
Your so cute Hill! I love that you are so honest and have no problem letting people know that your not perfectly calm, sane, and relaxed all the time...very refreshing! You through one heck of a party and Madelyn wont ever forget it! I'm sure Addy won't either!
Post a Comment