Saturday, August 22, 2009

Baby Boy has arrived!

We introduce little Cohen Douglas Garner!
Born Wednesday August 19th, 2009 6:05pm
8 lbs 1 oz. 20 1/2 inches long
Perfect in every way!

The delivery went very well and long story short...I had every intention of trying this birth "natural" and I made it as far as I could but it just wasn't meant to be...Tom said it best when he said it's not how you get the baby here...it's that the baby gets here...and that's the truth. I'm glad I was calm and peaceful when this baby came into the world and not wanting to freak out! Little Cohen came quite nicely after 9 minutes of pushing which was a record for me:) I'm so thankful for the medical staff I had, that I delivered at Salt Lake Regional and not LDS, and for the great support of our families! Tom had nothing to prove in the Father category, but once again he has...he is so loving and aware of his children's needs and he has so much love to give this new little one. Adelyn and Elsie have been such good little helpers and have been so curious whenever a diaper gets changed or the baby gets fed, they are both so proud of their brother! Cohen is already such a blessed little boy and he has already blessed our lives and changed us for the better!

3 days old...looks happy as a clam!

Girls playing with brother in his room

The little peanut in his carseat on his way home

Father and Son

Elsie had fallen asleep and so Tom laid her in the baby's crib...she looked like a giant!

Tom brought the girls back late the next day to watch a movie in the room with me...the nurse even brought us ice cream

Grandpa Arch

The next morning...not quite so new born looking

Baby footprint tatoo

Tom bonding with his little boy

The girls watching baby brother get all cleaned up and Tom capturing it on video!

Grandpa Doug

Grandma Joyce

Big Sister Elsie

Big Sister Adelyn

Our Family!

My Children!

Tom brought some reading material for his son to start catching up on:)

Grandma Geri

My time holding baby

Dr. Gemmell...you're awesome!

Nurse instructing Tom to give me a kiss:)

Showing me our little guy

Tom's first time holding baby

All wiped down and gooped up

An 8 pounder!...nobody thought I could do it:)

My Mom came in just after I received my epidural and I was in a much calmer state...what was I thinking trying to go natural?

One last prego shot

26 comments:

Clark Family said...

Congrats I'm so happy for you guys! He is adorable! enjoy the new little addition to your family. By the way you seriously look way to good for just having a baby and I really mean that. Share with me how it goes with three.

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

Conrgratulations!!! I am so happy he finally decided to come, and I CAN'T BELIEVE there was 8 whole pounds of baby in your tiny belly!

Good to know about going natural - kudos for trying it anyway (that is probably more than I will ever dare to do).

You guys look like the cutest little family, and I love both girl's sweet little faces when they are holding their new brother :). I'll give you a call in a few days when you have had more of a chance to recover!

The Great Lakes of NY said...

Thanks for sharing all of the great pictures of the people I love soooo much!! I can hardly wait to meet him and to hold him. He is beautiful in every way. Isn't is funny how you can hardly believe that you used to live without him?

Darbee said...

Oh Hillary! You are a beautiful mother... and Cohen is absolutely perfect in every way! I wish I was closer so I could see him. Congratulations to you all! All the best...

Kimi said...

Hillary, your baby is so beautiful and the perfect addition to your adorable family. I can't believe how grown up your girls are getting - and so gorgeous!! I'm so happy for you guys. Makes me wish I could live closer so I could meet that cute little guy! Congrats again. Love, Kimi

Camille said...

Love the second picture of the girls in the room. Elsie would be saying, um yes, and this is MY little brother, isn't he just delicious? seriously she is killing me! every picture of her is priceless, she is mesmerized by him I love it!

Merrill Family said...

I love all the pictures! Congratulations Tom and Hill. I agree with your friend that you look way too good for just having that baby. He is so cute, and Tom I love the reading material. I am sure that he wont have much of a choice but to like skiing!! Good luck these next few weeks. Love you!

Jessica June said...

congrats hill! What a beautiful baby boy!! Love you guys! Enjoy him!!

J.Frey said...

Congratulations! He is so beautiful! and Hill, you look way too good!! Have fun with you new little one!

Donna said...

Hillary,
He is beautiful as are the girls and you just look too darn good for just having a baby ! Tom, you round out the very handsome family. Congratulations !!
Love,
Donna

Alexis Blackner said...

Congrats, he is perfect. Your little family is adorable! Hope you are feeling good and getting a little sleep.

Brittany said...

Yeah for pictures. He looks beautiful. Don't you love newborn lips? I wish I could be there to hold him. Congratulations Hill and Tom! We love you!

Leesee Girlyfield said...

He is adorable!!! You look amazing as well! Glad to hear you and baby are okay. Congrats!!!!!

Heather Williams said...

Oh I am so happy for you guys. I had the chills the whole time I was reading and looking at your pics. He is perfect. You look great Hill! I can't wait to see you guys in a couple days.

heather

Kris and Q said...

Congrats! What a cute little boy and that is so awesome he is healthy and so are you. We look forward to meeting him one day.

Kris and Q said...

Congrats! What a cute little boy and that is so awesome he is healthy and so are you. We look forward to meeting him one day.

Laura Copeland said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you all--what a beautiful family! He is such a blessed little boy to come to such a loving, wonderful family!

Kristin said...

Congrats! He is so adorable. Can't wait to see him.

lindsi said...

Congrats on the new little bundle of joy! He is so precious and it's fun to see your girls holding their new baby brother. I'm still in awe though Hill of how great you look after giving birth...sheesh!

Can't wait to hear when Ang has hers...so fun that they will be so close in age!

Krystal said...

First off you did it! Secondly you made a beautiful and big(good work) baby boy! Thirdly you look like a super model in all you pictures! I am so happy for you and please call whenever, and
I will be calling you soon to see what I can do for ya!

Shani said...

Congrats on the little man! He is handsome.

Hilary said...

Congratulations! He's so precious. We can't wait to meet him. You have a beautiful family.

The Hartle's said...

Yay! Congrats you guys! We are so excited for you and cant wait to meet the little guy!

Audrey Squires said...

Congrats on your sweet baby boy. There is nothing like a newborn baby. I love having a boy and can't imagine my life with out him. I noticed his name is jewish. Do you have jewish heritage? Hope you are doing ok. Three was a blast for us, four has been a little crazy but we love it. Hang in there. Oh and I can't believe how big he was. All my mine were big like that. Oaks was 9 pounds. Have a great one. love, squires family

Beverly said...

Congratulations!! Hope we can see your new little baby boy this weekend. Can't wait to see him in person.

The Skinners said...

CONGRATULATIONS! He is perfect! You look too cute to be in the hospital.