The very next day on December 9th we surprised my Mom for her 60th Birthday! My siblings had wanted to try and do a video with all my mom's friends etc. but it just didn't happen and so that morning I was feeling bad and started calling around to different relatives and friends and worked all day getting together memories for my mom. It was such a special day to hear from so many people and to be reminded of the wonderful, talented, kind, creative, artistic, giving, loving person that my mom is and how many people love her. It was also very special to me to sit and think of my favorite memories and things I love about my mom...if only we had time to do this for every birthday. We made arrangements at the Garden Cafe and the Grand Hotel for all of us kids and Grandma Aposhian to have dinner. The look on my mom's face when she saw us was priceless.
The girls had fun dressing up and using the fancy bathroom with a towel to dry their hands:)
Carson and Zac...I just loved looking down the big table and seeing everyone I love all dressed up and it such a neat setting.
We were seated in the back of the restaurant in our own little cove that was really such a beautiful setting!
My yummy crepe dinner
Cute Granny Aposhian...my pictures aren't the best...taken on my phone
This was the funnest surprise...My Aunt and Uncle's band was playing at some banquet in another room of the Grand and they snuck away to sing "60 Candles"
Us kids each took turns reading aloud some of the memories and we laughed and cried...then we sang happy birthday to the birthday girl!
I love you Mom! What a lucky person I am to have you as my Mom!
Who knew the Grand America is such a fun place to visit during Christmas...I'm definitely going to take the kids back next year and do the fun window game they have with the free treat from the sweet shop!




1 comment:
What fun parties! You and the high school girls all look AMAZING and much younger than 30. Turning 30 felt so weird to me, yet life seems to get better and better the older i get. You are gorgeous and your kids are darling.
Post a Comment