Monday, November 17, 2008

a couple weekends ago...


I got my friends from Stansbury Park together and we had a "Girls Night In." We stayed at my Mom's house and had dinner, then we shared our favorite things with each other...my "favorite thing" that I shared was a little pendant that I made for each of them and then we all made a pair of earings...I'm kind of in to that lately. We also did our nails and toenails and talked talked talked. We started a chick flick at 2am in which only Kim and I made it completely through. We slept until 10am which was awesome! We made breakfast and then went our separate ways. Love you girls!

Elsie giving Hattie loves! Tom's sister Heather and Ryan brought their new baby Hattie to share with all of us and we just loved being around a new baby! Also Ashley, Mackay and Ruby Hyde flew in from Washington and we got to play with them while they were here. Addie is sad that her buddy is gone again!

We drove up to Chubbuck Idaho where Ryan blessed baby Hattie. It was a very nice blessing! Then we had a brunch back at Ryan and Heathers appartment. We made a full day of it by then having dinner at Tom's Aunt Leslie's house and meeting together with a bunch of the extended family. We had so much fun and it was really nice to get to know some of that family better. Tom of course was the fun factor with the kids as he got them playing musical chairs and duck duck goose in which he completely wiped out and crashed on the floor and got a good laugh from everyone!

After Leslie's house Scott Garner's family and ours went over to visit Grandpa Garner in his nursing home. We all sat and visited while he had his dinner and then we went into his room for a bit. The funniest thing happened...at this point of the night my girls were looking a bit raggedy after being in their church clothes all day. Well, I had changed Elsie's diaper and she wasn't wearing any tights or shoes and Addie had been in her tights all day because I had forgotten her shoes. I was tired of worrying about her ruining her tights so I just let them both roam free without shoes. The girls were being really cute and they were making lots of the old folks smile, even getting a few smooches on their little cheeks, well this little old lady rolled up in her wheel chair and I thought to myself "this lady's going to want to talk to the girls or will say something cute about them" when I read her lips and she said "running around in their stocking feet!" and then she looked at me and shook her head! Haha! It was hilarious!

2 comments:

Clark Family said...

I'm totally bummed I couldn't be there with all of you girls. Glad you guys are doing so good.

Leesee Girlyfield said...

I'm so sad I missed out on all the fun. I have to admit, I'm not the most responsible person you'll ever meet. I seem to forget everything! I'm glad you guys had fun, though. Maybe next time! Miss ya!!!