Tuesday, November 4, 2008

St. George & Halloween

Tom had some vacation days that he had to use or he would loose them and so we planned a quick trip down to St. George to stay in my Aunt Sharon's vacation home and to visit the Ekins. We were down there from the 29th through November 2nd and the weather was great and we just took it nice and easy.


We spent lots of time in the hot tub as it was Adelyn's favorite thing to do...she asked to get in the moment she woke up. She loved going from the hot tub to the steps of the freezing cold pool...back and forth!

Tom hanging out by the hot tub strumming the old guitar!


We also met up with our friends Jason and Kristina and they brought their boat down, and so we were able to go boating a couple times. On halloween we went to Quail Creek for just a quick trip...the weather and water was perfect...too bad we didn't get out sooner.




We trick-or-treated around the Ekin's fun neighborhood. The girls were so much fun to watch, especially Elsie...she quickly got the hang of it and the minute she got her candy she would turn around and start booking it to the next house. Adelyn was a cute Goldilocks and Elsie Bear was Baby Bear. They looked so cute! It was fun to have them be with their cousin Abby too and they all enjoyed sorting through their candy afterwards. The neighborhood was great and a few of the neighbors were out cooking on the grill giving out hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken and one guy even said come back later and we're doing ribs and steak! There was also a headless horseman riding around on a real horse scaring all the children. Fun! I love Halloween! After "treating" we went back to the Ekins and had dinner...I was to provide my "dinner in a pumpkin" and lets just say...there was no pumpkin in all of st. george to be found on halloween day and while trick-or-treating I way overcooked the sausage....i'll have to redeem myself next year! We later went back to my Aunt Sharon's place to play some games and watched some of the Changeling.







The next day we pretty much boated all day long at Sand Hollow. It was such a nice day and it was beautiful! We all wake-boarded until we just didn't have the energy to do it any longer. Tom attempted his first backflip and by the last one he was pretty darn close to landing it! The girls had fun just being on the boat and didn't get more then just their feet wet. Adelyn's highlight of the day was seeing a dead crablike thing in the crystal clear water as we were standing on the dock. We later ate at the Pizza Factory and then went home and crashed from a long day in the sun.

Tom grooving in his wetsuit



Other mentionables...Adelyn was obsessed with Jason and Kristina. She had Kristina carrying her everywhere and Jason was her little playmate. She has always been so shy around them and now she's more then comfortable. We also played around at the Dixie Flats area and the girls hiked all the way up the "crack." We went to Andrea and Matt's a few times...each time Andrea provided a great meal. Elsie is turning into a full fledged toddler and just seems to grown up now. She still has her own garbled speech, but she is our lovable cuddly Elsie Bear. In and Out Burger was yummy. Young Frankenstein still makes me laugh and reminds me of my Dad. Reading books on vacation with two kids just doesn't happen, and a nice relaxing weekend is good medicine! Oh, and boating November 1st is possible and something which needs to become some sort of tradition!


In front of the Ekins house

In front of my Aunt Sharon's place...(I told Addie to say..."Jason's cute" and she got this cute little smile on her face)

8 comments:

Merrill Family said...

It looks like you had such a good time, it makes me want to go. I liked the costumes, where were the other bears? It is fun to see Andrea's little girl. I think she looks quite a bit like Addie. Glad you had fun.

Brittany said...

Another fun trip for you. I haven't been to St. George for at least 13 years. It sounds fun. The girls look cute!

Alexis Blackner said...

Their costumes are adorable!!!

Alexis Blackner said...

Their costumes are adorable!!!

Alexis Blackner said...

That was such a sweet message. I read it to my grandma and she cried... She is good, just living in Hurricane by St George.

The Great Lakes of NY said...

Oh man, I could just eat Elsie up!! I am loving her Elsie Bear costume. For some reason, our family is completely in LOVE with that little girl. Wait till I show Cole and Garner her bear costume pics--it will be WAR over who gets her! We miss you guys!

Kris and Q said...

The girls looked so cute for Halloween. Glad you guys had a great time. St. George is such a wonderful warm place. Thanks for the pumpkin recipe. We love it!

Krystal said...

The wig Addy wore is about the coolest thing I've ever seen! Love it! I am very jealouse you went to St.George I love it there...good times!