Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

We went up to my Mom's house in Woodland and spent the holiday with my side of the family this year. This is the first year we have just had Thanksgiving with just my family because usually we have had it down at my Aunt Sharon's house with all the extended family. Last year it was a little crazy and we decided we wanted to make it a little more personal and downsize a bit. We had a very delicious dinner prepared by my Mom who is a wonderful cook. Ennis had us start off the feast by having little Amanda tell us why we celebrate Thanksgiving and then we had a few minutes to say something we were thankful for. We ate lots of good food and too many treats! We hardly saw Adelyn the entire three days we were there because she was having so much fun with her cousins playing games, watching movies, playing musical chairs, and just running around being silly. We stayed up late playing games, pool, sudokus, and watching movie's into the wee hours. Tom and Zac were the movie champs...one night we finished a movie around 2am and they were ready for round two. I think I'm the official champ of Trains and my Mom's the champ of Sudoku. It was so perfect that the morning after Thanksgiving day, we all woke up to a beautiful snowy day...Adelyn and Elsie had grins on their faces all morning. What else...OH, Ennis has a Worm Farm! Yes...he is raising worms and the kids thought that was the coolest thing going out and seeing all the decaying food and lifting up soggy newspapers and seeing hundreds of worms squiggling around down into the dirt. Elsie and Carsen both took turns falling down the trecherous winding stairs:( We did a craft and little silly games with the kids. It was a very relaxing fun weekend and very nice to spend time together and to just play! We missed you B!


Ennis cutting the turkey

The Chef!


my appetizers of bacon wrapped chestnuts and cranberry salsa over cream cheese

Amanda telling us the story of the pilgrims

Elsie playing with her favorite part of the meal


Cute Addie

Elsie hard at work on her Indian headband craft

Resting after the big meal

Playing games with cousins!

Elsie was loving snuggling with Uncle Zac




We got back home and immediately decorated the house for Christmas and now we are in full blown Christmas mood around here!

6 comments:

Brittany said...

We had a great day, but I wish we could have been there. I love staying up and playing games. Save some energy for we come at Christmas!

The Great Lakes of NY said...

I love seeing pictures of your sweet girls! Especially Elsie with the olives. I miss you guys! We need to ichat again soon!

Heather Williams said...

Elsie cracks me up. I'm so excited to spend time with you guys at Christmas. It looks like Thanksgiving was a great time for you guys.

Krystal said...

So I love the olive fingers...it was always my dream to like olives so I could do that! I loved hearing about the worm farm!

Fab Five said...

I loved the pix of your girls! They are sooo big and beautiful. Miss you guys... come down and visit anytime! :)

Kris and Q said...

Wow what a cook you are and what a feast at Thanksgiving. How awesome! Thanks for the great time at Temple Square. You guys are the best!